Welcome to My Blog~~~~
>_<

Selina
Pay Attention!!! Look at above!!↑
Please click "Play►"

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

stay well


I met with Susan on Sunday afternoon in the Student Center to discuss something about paraphrasing and summarizing. Susan came from a small town which is near Calgary, and her sister was my classmate before; as a result, Susan and I also become friends. I found that I did not know how to paraphrase and summarize, so I wanted to know how to do that well in our writing. I thought that the local students might know how to do it because they must be practiced for many times when they were young. During the discussion, she showed me some paragraphs in the article as examples, which is from her book, and told me how to write. She told me that the best way to paraphrase and summarize is to use the different grammar structure and different words which has the same meaning as the words that you want to instead of. It is the same as what our writing book said. Also, the good way to paraphrase and summarize is practicing. If practice more, you will be more familiar with it, and you will know how to write it. After the meeting, I felt I studied a lot about paraphrasing and summarizing. I knew them more clearly than before. Now, the most important thing for me is to practice more and more about it. Finally, I feel that communicating with a native speaker is a good way to study more things about academic English.

No comments: