Welcome to My Blog~~~~
>_<

Selina
Pay Attention!!! Look at above!!↑
Please click "Play►"

Sunday, December 2, 2007

In Subway


I have already worked in Subway for almost one year. During the working time, I should listen to customers and talk with them. We often only talked about what they wanted to buy; however, when I sometimes met some customers who were very interesting and friendly, I might talk some other things with them. For example, we talked about what faculty we were in or interesting things. Actually, most time, I just listened to the conversation that they were talking about in order to practice my listening. In my working place, I always talked with my colleagues. Although some of them always scared me in order to have fun, they were not out of spite and they are all funny guys. I felt I improved my listening when I listened to their conversations. Even though I still couldn’t understand all of conversations when they speak so fast, I could understand half of them. That’s a large step for me.

During these days, my friends and I were preparing furniture for our new home. We wanted to buy some second-hand furniture such as the bookcase, sofa and so on. We found an organization which helped international students to find the free furniture. The old man from the organization was very kind and helped us a lot. He never requested us for the requital. We talked about the styles of furniture. Someone from the church helped us deliver the furniture. At first, I didn’t know the academic words of some furniture and hardware. After that, I learned many words and uses about furniture such as mattresses, frames, and nails. I had a good chance to practice my speaking with other local people.

No comments: